I was fortunate to grow up around super smart people and happened to be the most curious child. With the combination of my curiosity and the super smart people, I’ve seen certain things it takes to be successful and how successful people think. I’ve also learned that being smart and being successful are two different things and that there are different types of smart that create success. My dad is one of those super smart people who has also learned how to earn success. I say earn because one of the lessons I’ve learned is that success doesn’t just happen, you work for it. He is always reading, learning, asking questions, and remains teachable. I’ve put together 5 character traits I’ve observed that make someone successful, 5 quotes that show how successful people think, and 5 books on success.
5 Character Traits Successful People Have
- Action Oriented
- Remains Teachable
5 Quotes Showing How Successful People Think
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
- Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. – Oprah
- Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it.
- Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it.
- Before you speak, think! T – is it true? H – is it helpful? I – is it inspiring? N – is it necessary? K – is it kind?
5 Books On Success
- Good to Great – Jim Collins
- A Curious Mind – The Secret To A Bigger Life – Brian Grazer
- How To Think And Grow Rich – Napolean Hill
- How To Win Friends & Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
And if there is one big successful life takeaway you get from this that I have learned, it is that “you have the power at any given moment to say this isn’t how my story is going to end.”
What quotes and books do you look toward for success inspiration? Please let me know in the comments below! I am always looking for new inspiration and love collecting quotes as you’ve seen from this post and my previous one here.