Living in Southern California, there are so many places to go and see. If you don’t know already, traveling is one of my favorite things to do, and I think everyone should do in life, but most people don’t think about all the local places you can travel to when planning a trip…not just a far away destination. Road trips are one of my favorite ways to see cities around me. It’s affordable, scenic, and with the right music and company, so much fun.
Here are my 5 road trip essentials for a successful getaway:
- Have the right car. This Buick Electra was the perfect car for a drive down the coast while staring at the ocean.
- Create a playlist. Music sets the best mood for a road trip.
- Pack a small bag. Tumi luggage personally is my favorite and this carry on fits SO much. If you’re looking for something more affordable, check out Away.
- Comfortable clothes – typically you don’t think the words comfortable when someone hands you skinny jeans, but these Joe’s Jeans might as well be called leggings. I also have these ones which are just as comfortable and are so cute.
- A t-shirt that you can wear over and over.
Hope these tips were helpful! Please add any other road trip essentials in the comments below so I can try them out for my next adventure! Stay tuned…
Photography by Cibelle Levi